Thursday, November 12, 2009

Wood Stoves For Sale In Mo Wood Stoves- How Much Of A Rise Do I Need Before Going Horizontal?

Wood stoves- how much of a rise do I need before going horizontal? - wood stoves for sale in mo

I want a wood stove instead of my fireplace insert (which does not fire) during a power outage. A wood stove seller said I need 3 feet of vertical to horizontal before my chimney. I feel it would only sell a fan-less push for an additional $ 2,500 to the price of a stove. Any possibility of operating the pipeline at an angle to the cladding instead of the above, then horizontal?

2 comments:

captbob5... said...

It tries to sell something.

By connecting a stove to a fireplace, build a project. The smoke will be sucked in through the chimney. Therefore, wood stoves have a damper (on the front or sides), and control of combustion processes in the exhaust pipe of the furnace to reduce the amount of air volume control and what happens in front of the fireplace.

You can run the tube per cent on a slope too low to reach the chimney. The project will seek.

The way to test my advice is to go to the fireplace and lit a match. Watch the flame will be held the pipe to the fireplace opening.

merlin said...

I had a free-standing wood stove in my house, which was channeled into the oven. Heated by wood than 8 years. I was 6 "before entering the chimney. Not horizontally. Put a slight increase in the fireplace.

Post a Comment